Someone asked me last night what I’ve found weirdest about living in American again after half a decade in China. I’m a bit insulated among many international students, and furthermore Boston is probably one most China-y mannered cities in America, but here’s my list:
- Standing in line
- Standing in line with space between me and the person in front of me
- Standing in a a non-crooked line, unable to gander at what’s ahead
- Standing in line, waiting for people to get out of the elevator
- Standing in line, waiting for people to get out of the train
- Not wondering if the longest line is longest because it leads to the best place
Also, these barbarians like their water cold.